I am jointly organising a one-day conference co-sponsored by Freedom for Faith at Newcastle University on Friday 25 September 2015. All the details can now be found at the conference website: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/freedomforfaith . The day will bring together speakers from a range of areas of public life to discuss the important issues of religious freedom, including:
- Tim Wilson, Australian Human Rights Commissioner,
- The Right Rev Dr Peter Jensen, General Secretary of the Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans,former Anglican Archbishop of Sydney;
- Dr Paul Taylor, International Law Advisor and Barrister;
- Dr Renae Barker, UWA School of Law and Honorary Research Fellow, Centre for Muslim States and Societies;
- Dr Greg Walsh, from the University of Notre Dame Australia; and
There is also a flyer here which you should feel free to download and distribute as widely as possible! I hope that some of the readers of this blog may be able to join us on the day!